Yogic Tips For Summer Radiance!

SukdevNM_Magdalena20171229.jpg

Greetings!

Summer is rocking and so are you! I have seen you at the festivals, the retreats and you are glowing and we are all growing. What a life...

What a privileged life we live. Truly,  just to be reading this email means that you are vibrating at a certain level of consciousness. And this is what these times are about: Elevating our Consciousness. Why? So that we can serve.

My teacher would say " The only reason we do yoga is so that we can be balanced enough to recognize when someone needs our help. " 

What there is to know is that feeling great takes work. Yes it does. Every day. We can choose the lazy way out and rely on medicines, pills and things that don't serve this body and soul in the long run or we can get to work. 

That means Kriya, meditation, sweating , a balanced diet and prayer every single day. It's actually that simple. There is no magic formula to feeling radiant, balanced and all around great!.

You just have to put in the time and the work. The magic is that your life will flow with so much more grace and ease because you feel amazing! It's so worth it. With all that said, here are my....

 3 favorite Yogic Summer tip

1. Cold showers make you GLOW!

Yes yes and yes. It's so much easier in the summer when it is hot. And don't make it a thing if you don't do it at 5am or first thing in the morning. Do it when it feels good. I usually do it after my run if I don't get it in at Sadhana. Just do it!

Here is a great way to start:

a. Before you get in the shower, rub your body down with vigorous strokes. Use almond or sesame oil. My favorite is an Almond Rose Oil.

b. I usually love to jump in straight into the cold but you may want to start with warm and end with cold. Or go in and out of hot and cold. 

c. Rub your body in the shower, massaging all your organs. As well as face, neck, arms, belly, lower backs, thighs and feet. You can even get a body brush and go at it for a more vibrant feeling. 

d. Try to spend at least five minutes in there. Chant "Ang Sang Wahe Guru! The Divine lives in every cell of my being!"

e. Come out and rub your body again vigorously with a towel.

Voila, piece of cake. ; ) 

2. A daily green juice makes you HAPPY!

Green juice flushes the system a nourishes the cells. A diet for health and radiance is expected to be about  70% green foods a day. That should be your main staple. The rest of your diet should be 30%. Through my years of cleansing and testing out different approaches, this stands the test of time. 

If this is new for you, try out a green juice every couple of days. Your palette will change over time and you will stop craving sweets and carbs

3. Pranayama is the key to a steady mind and a vibrant life. 

If you practice yoga, of course you have heard of Pranayama. The key to life, the source of our breath. 

One of my daily practices is 31 mins of pranayama. I live by it. It invigorates every part of our being and when we begin to learn how to direct the flow of Prana, we have a direct conscious relationship with creating with the Uni-Verse.

Below is a fantastic Pranic meditation to invigorate your Summer Days. 

Even if you have great health, this will invigorate you. Try out three mins and see how you feel. 

Be well, in love and invigorated! 

Sunshine Upon You,

Sukhdev

PS: Shakti School doors open in less then a month and I am super excited to share some brand new insights with you that I have gathered during my time teaching over 300 women at Omega Institute, on the East Coast and at Sat Nam Fest.

 Make sure to get on the early notifications list for early bird and bonuses!

 Sixteen-Stroke Breath to Rebuild Health

Originally taught by Yogi Bhajan on September 3, 1979

When correctly practiced, this kriya can totally rebuild your glandular system. It also can rid the body of toxins and rebuild your cells.

Posture/Mudra: Sit in Easy Pose with a straight spine. Place the palms together and interlace the fingers, locking the hands together with the thumbs resting side by side. The thumbs are not crossed.

Hold the mudra in front of the chest at heart level with your elbows resting against your sides.

IMG_9758.jpg

Breath: Inhale in sixteen equal, rapid strokes through the nose. Time the strokes by mentally vibrating: Saa-Taa-Naa-Maa I Saa-Taa-Naa-Maa I Saa-Taa-Naa-Maa I Saa-Taa-Naa-Maa (about 6 seconds total time for the inhalation).

Exhale in sixteen equal, rapid strokes through the nose. Time the strokes by mentally vibrating: Saa-Taa-Naa-Maa I Saa-Taa-Naa-Maa I Saa-Taa-Naa-Maa | Saa-Taa-Naa-Maa (about 6 seconds total time for the exhalation).

Continue this breath pattern.

Time: Start by practicing this kriya for 3-5 minutes and work up to 11 minutes. Maximum time for this kriya is 31 minutes. Don't overdo it.

© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan

This pranayam can be found in the manual Praana Praanee Praanayam, p. 175, available through KRI.

Sukhdev Jackson